Thursday, June 16, 2011

Arts Express Conference

So I went to an arts conference the last couple days.  This is the fourth year that I have gone and I love it.  Even though I am not currently teaching, I went anyway just to keep my teaching license current.  My mom came as well, which was tons of fun.  My awesome mother-in-law took care of baby Chloe for two days from 7 am to 4:30 pm.  I think that it was harder on me than on the baby.  Man, did I miss her.  I made a fool out of myself and in front of a group of teachers said things like "Whoopsie-bear" and hummed silly tunes.  Apparently I need to hang out with adults more often.
So I am posting some pictures of a couple of things I made at the conference.  One is a surrealist art piece and the other is a lion.  I am proud of myself because even though I am not a fabulous artist, I did give it my best.  Oh, and we had the piano player Jon Schmidt at the conference give us a great performance.
This is the lion.  Hopefully you could tell.

Yes, this is odd.  But surrealist art is all about realistic images in an unrealistic setting.  So my head is on a swan boat and a little girl is painting the swan boat.  There are also a couple of bears hanging out.  Just cuz.

I never have pictures of me on the blog.  So here I am.  With the baby, of course, because she is my life right now.

This is his most popular song.  He played this and several other great songs. This guy was quite the ham!

2 comments:

  1. I am extremely impressed with your art work. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY ADORABLENESS!Chloe is so dang cute. Can't wait to see her in person! Less than a month now. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete